Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Quicky

A quick little fact...my favorite part of making a layered cake and having to chop off the top to make it level is- having that left over cake to make cake balls!

You just take your extra cake, add some pre-made frosting into it-mix it (with your hands , it's the only way) and then roll into balls. Let the balls freeze for a few hours and then dip them in melted chocolate (white or chocolate chocolate). These are white cake with vanilla frosting and some are covered in white chocolate (left from my flamingo cupcakes) and some in chocolate (some left over chocolate chips from the chocolate gonash filling in my spaghetti cake).


They are so good words can't even describe (my opinion they are the best when they are cold). The best kind though are the red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. I have been known to eat almost a dozen of those after my sissy and I made them (miss you partner). Sad, but true...

1 comment:

  1. That's funny because that's exactly what I plan on doing with what I chopped from Tony's birthday cake! I don't have time to do them right now, so I popped them in the freezer. Hopefully I can get to them next weekend. YUM!

    ReplyDelete