Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The traveling cake




I love bundt cakes! Why because you can make so many different kinds (my favorite involving the alcohols Kahlua and Amaretto) and they are so easy to transport. Most of the time there is no fuss with frosting's and you just cover real tight in plastic wrap and it stays moist until it's time to cut and go.



This weekend we went to one of my favorite places on earth, McCloud. It's cabin living so I wanted a no fuss dessert for our sweet tooth's, so I chose a chocolate bundt cake and it was yummy.



Here is the recipe:



Clasic Chocolate Cake



1 pkg. plain chocolate cake mix



1 pkg (3.9 oz)chocolate instant pudding mix



4 large eggs



1 cup reduced fat sour cream or vanilla yogurt (I like that you got options depending what's in the fridge)



2/3 cup water



1/2 cup vegetable oil



1 tsp vanilla



1 bag of semisweet chocolate chips (I used the swirled chocolate chips that were milk and white chocolate)



Preheat oven to 350 degrees, mist a bundt pan with spray and dust with flour (I use the baking Pam that already had the flour). Mix all ingredients together except for chocolate chips. Once mixed fold in chips. Bake 55 to 60 minutes let cool on wire rack 15 to 20 minutes . Run a knife along edges and invert cake to wire rack and let cake cool completely.







Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment