Friday, September 17, 2010

God is Good!

Wowzers, after looking for 6 months and pretty much sending my resume everywhere our great god answered my prayers...and got me a brand spankin' new job!I am so excited, I am going to be teaching again woo woo!Well, subbing, but it's all the same, I got hired at Merryhill Private school as their site substitute (which means I will be going to this amazing school everyday). They have three teachers going on maternity leave, so I'll be just plug right in when their off having their lil love bugs. I am already falling in love with private schools lol, small class sizes, children coming from caring homes and a wonderfully close nit community of teachers and students -LOVE IT!My first placement probably will be in Kindergarten...and these kids are amazing!In order to even start Kindergarten they need to already know their letters, sounds, numbers and how to write their name (they are so capable, this should be expected of ALL kiddies)!When I was there yesterday they were already writing sentences (only 2nd month of school people).
Sad news is I feel horrible for quitting the after school program on the same day one of my other co-workers did. OUCH! Timing was horrible on this one, but I know it's best. And since I have to start at 7:30 each morning, no more boot camp :( ...I am going to miss the workouts (don't want to see my progress digress!)and more importantly the friends I have made-but hopefully we will still do movie nights and keep in touch.


1 comment:

  1. Cannot even begin to tell you how PROUD I am of you and all that you have accomplished. The children will be lucky to have such a sweet and dedicated person to help guide and teach them. God did bless your with this job and he for sure blessed me with such wonderful and caring children.

    ReplyDelete