Saturday, July 13, 2013

Big Relief


This past week was a tough one...after getting home from our honeymoon we noticed that something just wasn't right with our dog Bailey (this is an old picture she is 1 1/2 now). She had no energy (not like her) she wanted to be by herself (really not like her) and she wouldn't eat or drink and started throwing up every hour. We took her to the vet and he said she was very dehydrated and seemed to have some pain in her stomach. After tests they determined  she had severe pancreatitis. She had to be in the hospital with IV'S and medications for 3 days... those 3 days went by so slow we just wanted the vet to say she was going to be ok. Even though she is home now she still has a couple of weeks recovery and we still aren't out of the woods. To not shock the pancreas she can only get  1 tbsp. of special food every couple of hours and then we keep gradually increasing it. I never thought that I would be the person to spend lots of $$ saving a pet or writing a page long conversation about her health lol, but she really is an important part of our little family and has really started teaching Greg and I how to become parents. While waiting on word about our pup I did what any great stress eater would...make recipes from Pinterest. We tried them and liked them .
 
 
Pintos and cheese side salad
 
This one would be great for a pot luck and has a yummy dressing that I doubled and can use on anything.
P.s notice all of our awesome wedding gifts;)


In a large bowl combine:
3 cups of pinto beans (I used 1 large can)
1 cup corn ( I used 1 can)
1/2 diced red onion
8 oz. Monterey jack cheese cut into cubes




Then you make this yummy dressing (I used a mason jar because I have a ton and love them)
I threw everything into our new food processor, but you could use a blender
 
1/4 cup packed cilantro leaves
1/4 cup olive oil
1 clove minced garlic
3 tbs. lime juice
1 tsp. lime zest
1 tbs. apple cider vinegar
1 tbs. honey
1/2 tsp. salt
 


 
Combine dressing over beans and yummo ! It was better after it sits and chills in the fridge for a bit.




Homemade Orange Julius


 
Orange Julius's have always been one of my favorite mall treats... I was sitting on the couch drinking orange juice and thought t myself I wonder if there is a recipe to make an Orange Julius on Pinterest... of course there is!
 
Super easy and in Gregs and mine opinion tastes exactly like it! I already had orange juice so I used that instead of the frozen concentrate the recipe asked for so I just added a little bit more juice.
 
place
6 oz. can of frozen orange juice concentrate ( I used like 8 oz. of orange juice)
1 cup of water
1 cup cold milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
 
in a blender and blend. Then add 10 ice cubes until they look like tiny chips. Serve right away...this could be dangerous, especially because I went to the grocery store and already picked up 2 frozen orange juice concentrates lol


 
Spicy Jalapeño Philly Cheese Steak Sliders
 

 
This recipe is a little lengthy so here is the original post. It was actually really easy to make and Greg said it was a keeper. It would be really easy to make these for a party and you don't need much. I was worried to use spicy jalapeño cream cheese because I am a wimp to spice, but it's not that bad I probably could of added more.  I just used sliced roast beef from the meat counter instead of the chuck as well. You can get pretzel bun sliders at Costco, but Winco had pretzel bun hoagie rolls.
 
 
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment