Sunday, April 10, 2011

Browned butter chocolate chip cookies

I know I know what you are thinking! Here I am blogging about how I need to slim down and watch my eating and what did I do today -make chocolate chip cookies lol. Total contradiction, but I saw this recipe from another blog and it seemed interesting and my friend Keely and her BF were stopping by for dinner on their way to Oregon so I wanted to make them a little treat.






I already had to put on my fitness pal-2 cookies which were only 248 calories by the way not horrible, but I packed the rest for Greg to take on his fishing trip this weekend (out of sight out of mind lol).






The reason this recipe caught my eye was because first they were titled perfect chocolate chip cookies, but also because you do something different with the butter.






I doubled the recipe because the single recipe only yielded 16 cookies. My picture measurements might not match but I'm going to give you the single recipe measures.



Preheat oven to 375 degrees. For the total batch you will use 14tbs butter (1 3/4 sticks). Put 10 tbs of the butter in a medium skillet over med/high heat. Allow the butter to melt for 2 min and then swirl it around the pan allowing it to brown. Keep the butter moving and browning takes about 3 min. It will turn golden brown and smell nutty/caramely.






Put melted butter in a heat safe mixing bowl and add the remaining 4tbs cold butter and stir until it's melted.



add 1/2 cup white sugar, 3/4 cups packed brown sugar and 1 tsp salt to butter and whisk together.





Add 1 egg and 1 egg yolk into the mixture (I added the vanilla to my eggs 2tsp)






Greg said I needed a face shot...no make up no shower thanks babe ;)






mix for 30 seconds and then let it stand for 3 minutes. Repeat that 4 times.



I know it seems like a lot lol, I went with it and at this point I got excited it got thicker and smelt caramely...yum!






add the flour mixture ( 1 3/4 c flour and 1/2 tsp baking powder) and stir until combined.






add choc chips. The batter at this point delicious!






2 things you must get a cookie dough scooper and silicone baking mats. I used my cookie scoop and then pressed them down a little with my finger.






Bake until golden brown about 10-12 minutes. After all the steps these cookies were good, I was disappointed that they turned out so flat-so I think I would add a little more flour?






Love you Keely so glad you stopped by-you made it the perfect Sunday !!! xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment