Sunday, March 10, 2013

Chile Relleno Casserole





 I make this recipe last month from Pinterest and Greg and I love it! I made it again tonight and thought I would share. This casserole tastes just like chile rellenos, but so much easier !I halved the original recipe. Clean out the seeds from 1 big can of whole green chiles.
 Put a layer of chiles topped with jack and cheddar cheese...repeat with another layer of chiles and cheese.
 Beat 3 tbs flour,1/2 can of evaporated milk , 1/2 tsp salt and 3 egg yolks until frothy.
 in a separate bowl whisk the egg whites and then add to other egg mixture until incorporated.
Pour egg mixture over chiles.


Bake for 40 minutes at 300. then top with more cheese and a can of rotel and bake for 20 more minutes.




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment